Friday 1 July 2022

Friday 1st July commute.

 First day of a new month, so I thought I better make a start. It was pretty damp and miserable down at Belhaven bay, but brightened as I climbed over Pencraig with an accompaniment of skylarks. 


There was torrential rain in the evening so I stayed late at work for an hour, then got a dry cycle home. 

Lessons learned: I would like the bars a little higher but that means a longer front brake hose. The grips are ok but could be a bit thicker. That means expensive ergo grips but I'll try the bar change first. The panniers are just right with no heel strike. The rack bag is handy but isn't secure enough, it will go. I need to get some old inner tube or similar for the chain I lock it up with at work before I scratch the frame. 

Otherwise it all went well, I felt good and enjoyed it. 24.6 miles in total. 


No comments:

Post a Comment