Sunday 6 May 2012

6th May and still a chill

Yesterday was mostly spent doing housework and then watching the FA Cup final. There was a big swell running from the North but it was due to calm down for Sunday.



I woke to day with plans for good sailing or maybe even some fishing. Yesterdays swell had dropped away but it was still cold with rain and a short hail shower. I rowed out to the Heron with the best intentions but the cold got the better of me.  I couldn't get the motivation to get the sails up and head out so instead I spent time swabbing the decks and doing some badly needed cleaning.


Between trying to find places to put all the junk that collects on a boat I was able to sit with my feet up, music on and watch the world go by.








I'm sure there must be other boat owners who take as much pleasure from the simple maintenance of their boats the as they do from sailing. With the kettle on and the hatch pulled over the Heron is a snug wee boat.



Cold and no sailing but I was happy in my own place.

6 degrees max, showers, F2 E. slight.

No comments:

Post a Comment