Sunday 23 November 2014

Winter colours


I couldn't think of any particular route for a cycle today, so I put the LHT in the back of the car and headed to the hills.


I had a few ideas for short loops so I just unloaded the bike and cycled around a couple of miles before loading it up again and heading off to another spot. It seems a bit lazy but it suited me.
 

When I was cycling along by Garvald the highland cows were over near the fence. I have been meaning to get a picture of them since Pondero posted a pic of a Texas Longhorn.


Their shaggy coats were ruffled in the wind and the low winter light made their colours really stand out.


Back on the bike and I slowly spun away in low gears up the steep hills to get some shelter in the woods for my coffee. The autumn colours continued with various fungi. I have tried to learn some basics about which mushrooms are edible but if you get it wrong, the risks are a bit high for my liking.



Back in a loop to the car, then I drove over to the Whiteadder Reservoir and had a cycle around there.


The light was getting low so back to the car again, finish the flask of coffee and home. Not the most exciting of cycles but I got out there and enjoyed it all the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment