Sunday 15 July 2012

Easy Sunday Cycle

I couldn't make up my mind about a cycle today. It hasn't rained for two days which probably counts as summer, but a 30 mph westerly wind had blown up. I headed into the wind with fresh legs but soon gave up and turned back from East Linton to John Muir Country Park. Trying to grind away in second gear wasn't any fun.


The 'bridge to nowhere' is living up to its name. The last two months of rain have swollen the Biel Burn to the point it has cut a new channel to the west of the normal flow. 


I didn't cycle many miles but I was content to potter around sheltered roads just enjoying the slower pace and soaking up the views. Today was a good to reminder to slow down and enjoy the journey.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like they need to do a causeway on the bridge to the north soon!

    ReplyDelete